ROMANIAN SPOTTERS
Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.

AcasaAcasa  Ultimele imaginiUltimele imagini  ÎnregistrareÎnregistrare  Conectare  

Red Arrow crashes during Bournemouth Air Festival [en]

In jos 
AutorMesaj
Alex_tm
Alex_tm

Numarul mesajelor : 1835
Varsta : 34
Localizare : TIMISOARA - BANAT
Data de inscriere : 15/01/2009

Red Arrow crashes during Bournemouth Air Festival [en] Empty
MesajSubiect: Red Arrow crashes during Bournemouth Air Festival [en]   Red Arrow crashes during Bournemouth Air Festival [en] EmptySam 20 Aug 2011, 18:32

Titlu: Red Arrow crashes during Bournemouth Air Festival [en]
Sursa: BBC News
Autor: ****
Data: 20.08.2011

Citat :
A Red Arrow aeroplane has crashed in Dorset following a display at the Bournemouth Air Festival.

The fire service confirmed they were called to an air crash at 13:50 BST near Bournemouth International Airport.

Eyewitnesses described seeing the plane plunge to the ground in a field at Throop village.

It was one of nine Red Arrows that had earlier taken part in a display over the seafront. No details are known about possible casualties.

BBC South Today producer Martin Webster, who was at the scene, said he saw only eight of the nine Red Arrows RAF display team's aircraft land on the runway following the display at the annual event.

'Siren went off'

Shaun Spencer-Perkins, who witnessed the crash from Throop Mill, said: "I heard a rushing sound and I saw a plane about 15m above the ground racing across the fields.

"It impacted and bounced across the field, made it across the river.

Red Arrow crashes during Bournemouth Air Festival [en] 16053780
Picture courtesy: Sky News viewer Russell Miller

"Members of the public jumped into the water to search for the cockpit.

"We waved down the helicopter, I took off my son's orange jacket and my wife's red jumper to get the attention of the helicopter."

Darren Blakeman, who was watching the display, described what he saw: "We watched nine Red Arrows take off, then they did an approach from the south of the runway, they did a little display.

"After that display only eight of the airplanes landed and then there was a big siren went off at the airport, like an emergency sound, and there was a big yellow fire truck parked in the viewing area and then that rushed off with its blue lights going.

"From my scene here I can see a police helicopter and a coastguard helicopter and they're hovering in the air above the site."

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "We can confirm that we are aware of an incident involving one of the Red Arrows and we are investigating."

Organisers of the Bournemouth Air Festival said events were continuing as scheduled.

All nine Red Arrows display pilots are fast jet pilots from frontline Royal Air Force squadrons.

Each aircraft can carry enough diesel and dye to create five minutes of white smoke, one minute of red and one minute of blue.

Both cockpit seats are fitted with Martin-Baker Mark 10B rocket boosted ejection seats.

ALecsu`
Sus In jos
http://fanviola.piczo.com/?cr=5

Red Arrow crashes during Bournemouth Air Festival [en]
Sus 
Pagina 1 din 1
 Subiecte similare
-
» Cessna SkyCatcher prototype crashes
» FedEx ATR-42 crashes in Lubbock, Texas
» Transasia ATR-72 Crashes In Taipei
» Rwandair Aircraft Crashes, One Dead.. [EN]